820 Research was founded in 2016, by Holly Sammons who has 20 years of experience as a reference librarian, over 10 of those working full time as a genealogist. Holly worked in one of the best genealogy collections in the United States, where she spearheaded many projects. She has helped researchers with their genealogy work, focusing on New York State and the northeastern United States. As head of the genealogy and history collection at the Onondaga County Public Library, Holly also lectures and has presented at many genealogy and library conferences. You can be confident in her expertise.
Educational and Professional Credentials and Experience:
- ProGen Study Group 38, 2019
- Certificate of Genealogical Studies from Boston University, 2017
- Professional Librarian, Onondaga County Public Library, 1996-2016
- Master of Library Science Syracuse University, 1996
- Member of the Association of Professional Genealogist
- Member of New England Historic and Genealogical Society.
- Member of New York Biographical and Genealogical Society.
- Vice President of the Central New York Genealogical Society.
- Experienced researching in New York, New England and Pennsylvania
- Extensive professional experience with reading historic documents, microfilm/fiche, handwriting and more.
- Over ten years experience working full time with genealogy and history researchers in special collections
at the Onondaga County Public Library
- Founder and chief genealogist at 820 Research, 2016
- Began doing genealogical research in 1997.
If you need a genealogist…